MOT Tests in Milton Keynes
BE SAFE OUT THERE IN MK!
Same Day Appointments Available
Leave it With Us or While You Wait
Book online, call, email or send a spaceship, we don’t mind!
Time to complete: 45 minutes
Vehicle Heroes offer low cost quick MOT tests (class 4 ) in Milton Keynes. This includes all cars (up to 8 passenger seats) and vans (up to 3000kg) . We know it can be difficult to find a MOT garage you can trust 100%, but you can rely on us to make the process easy with a reliable trustworthy assessment.
Apart from being a legal requirement it’s important to keep your car well maintained and road worthy to ensure your own safety and the safety of others.
A MOT test is simply a visual safety check, not a replacement for a service so for ultimate convenience please book a service at the same time.
Fully Approved Milton Keynes MOT Garage
We have expert certified MOT testers in Milton Keynes to carry out your MOT test quickly and efficiently.
You can wait in the comfort of our relaxing customer area whilst the test takes place. Alternatively, the vehicle can be left with us for collection later.
You need a MOT because it’s the law but it will also check the vehicle meets the government road safety standards which is good for you and your family, and it will check the emission levels of your vehicle which is good for the environment!
Get a 13 Month MOT Certificate!
To maintain your MOT expiry date, a MOT test can be carried out up to a month (minus a day) prior to the expiry of your current MOT certificate, so your new MOT certificate could be valid for 13 months! For example, if it runs out on 15th May, you can get the MOT on the 16th April. There is no need to bring your current MOT certificate with you as our MOT system is fully computerised.
If You Pass
Which we hope you do, you’ll get a valid MOT certificate that lasts for up to 13 months along with a note of any advisories that may require attention in the future.
If You Fail
Don’t panic, we can help you!
- We’ll give you a detailed description of any failures
- 10 day free retesting service – there’s no charge if you get the failures fixed and bring it back to us at any time in the next 10 days
- No obligation competitive prices to fix failures – we can get the fixes done quickly for you to get you back on the road or if you prefer to take the vehicle elsewhere in Milton Keynes to be fixed that’s not a problem
Faults are classified as either Minor, Major or Dangerous and any faults classified as Major or Dangerous result in a MOT test failure.
If you fail and your current MOT certificate is still in date and you only have Major faults, you can drive your vehicle to a garage to have the defects fixed or to another pre-booked MOT but remember it may be unroadworthy and so you could be prosecuted if stopped by the police. But if there are any Dangerous failures on your MOT, you need to have your vehicle fixed in its present location or put on a trailer.
The MOT inspection manual shows which faults are classified as Dangerous and Major
When You Need a MOT
It’s the vehicle owner’s responsibility to know when a MOT is due on your vehicle. If you’d like us to remind you complete our MOT reminder form.
A MOT is due on every vehicle over 3 years old once a year. It is illegal to drive the vehicle on public roads without a valid in date MOT certificate.
If you don’t know when your current MOT expires you can look it up on online. It will also tell you when your vehicle tax expires.
If You Don’t Have a Valid MOT Certificate
- The police (either in person or via an ANPR camera) can issue a fine of £100 and court action can lead to a £1,000 penalty. It’s also possible your vehicle could be impounded.
- Your insurance is NOT automatically invalid! What actually matters is if your vehicle is in a roadworthy condition. Not having a MOT certificate can make that harder to establish and is more likely to be investigated with larger accident claims caused by the condition of the vehicle.
- You can’t renew your road tax without a valid MOT in place, which is also an offence if driving on a public road with a fine of up to £1,000.
Once your MOT has expired, the only journey allowed is one to a MOT test station for a pre-booked MOT test. Similarly, you do not need road tax to legally drive to a pre-booked MOT appointment but you do need insurance.
Selling Your Vehicle and Want a New 12 Month MOT on it?
You can have a MOT carried out at any time which you may want to do if selling your vehicle in order to make it more appealing to buyers.
Maximise Your Chances of Passing
Any failures we can deal with and re-test for free within 10 days but if you want to help make sure your vehicle passes first time, there’s a few things you can easily check yourself…
- Check your headlights, brake lights, number plate light and indicators all work
- Check your tyres are inflated with plenty of tread
- Check your windscreen wipers and squirters are working and not worn or damaged
- Top up your engine oil, screenwash and fuel
- Check no seat belts are damaged
- Check your number plate is readable with no dirt blocking it
The MOT Test covers numerous tests following guidelines from the Drive and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) on your vehicle including…
- Seat belts
- Windscreen wipers
- Exhaust system and emissions
- Tyres and wheels
- Body and Structure
- Body and Structure
- Drivers view of the road
- Bonnet catch
- Number plate